Hello Parents !Welcome back to the 2019-2020 school year! This page is for YOU!Check back each month for updates and insights into what our students are learning.This year we are expecting all of our seniors to be EMPOWERED and demonstrate POW!P stands for Coming prepared each and every day for a successful start to the day.O stands for being organized in school.W stands for working hard in every way. Strive to be better.MATHEMATICSFor the month of September our Math instructional focus will be the following:
We are currently working in EnVision Math Chapter 1: Generalize place Value Understanding In Grade 4 students will learn about (and assessed) the following:
- Getting to know our students and their interests
- Implement EnVisions Math 2.0
- Continue with Math Rotations/ Small Groups for optimized individualized instruction
- Math Discussion Routines
- Introduction of Growth Mindset
- Problem Solving
- Place value relationships and comparison
- Read and write multi digit whole numbers
- Round whole numbers
SCIENCEFor September, we are getting ready for Amplify Science!Unit 1: Energy ConversionsIn this unit 4th Grade students will:
- learn and understand how much our society relies on electrical energy.
- Students will understand the parts of the electrical system and how important it is to modern life.
- This unit also provides a deeper understanding of energy and how it can be transferred and converted.
Last Modified on September 18, 2019